Aayush Jain : Feeling lucky @ Salarpuria Jajodia & Co,Kolkata

I have completed one year of articleship at Salarpuria Jajodia & Co. The first thing that I learnt during my articleship was responsibility. I had worked with intellect and integrity in my previous firm and have gained knowledge in various fields of audit. As I joined Salarpuria, I was straightaway allotted for a statutory audit which was followed by a brief period of internal audit and then I switched back to statutory audit.

I was lucky enough to be allotted under a very knowledgeable and giving senior who played a huge role in developing my knowledge base and work experience. I, within a span of 6 months from joining, was allotted as a senior to a relatively mid-sized client which did a world of good to my confidence. The other important factor which helped me immensely was the diversity of work I had been exposed to. I had been a part of the audit teams for clients from Tea industry, Hotel Industry, Real Estate Developers, Non-Banking Financial Companies and Jute Industry some of which were Listed Companies.

During my one year of articleship at Salarpuria, the emphasis was always given on accuracy and knowledge. The following is a brief description of my work experience at Salarpuria Jajodia & Co.

·         Finalization of Accounts as per Revised Schedule VI requirements.
·         Drafting Audit Reports as per CARO, 2003.
·         Finalisation of accounts along with checking of Accounting Standards compliances.
·         Preparation of Audit Plan, Internal Audit reports, Routine Checking and physical Verification of Inventory.
·        Preparation and filing of Income Tax Returns of Companies, Partnership Firms and Individuals.
·        Preparation and filing of Form 3CD.

I feel privileged to be a part of the organisation and look forward to further enrichment in my current firm.