The Journey of Sourav Binani (a.k.a- Diego)




Rather than the so called"Journey", I would like to say it as adventures during articleship. :p

From the beginning, passing IPCC on the border line in first attempts in itself was an achievement for me, I dint bother much as i knew my chances of clearing IPCC was nil. But,obviously my hard work paid off pretty well. Articleship , as I thought is an adventurous trip where the audit firms sends you to different places, new cities to work,  and the clients always flattering you just to make you happy and outcome is of course leniency. This was just an imagination I had, though nothing sort of this happened.

Phew..!!

Basically getting into articleship was to get experience of various fields and get exposed to something I m pursuing. Sitting at home and doing nothing (believe me people think that they will study at home and take dummy, but seriously, 2.5yrs of your life will just be engaged in tuitions, vacations, and friends (and friends you people know it) is better than working at your work place and gain something (Knowledge about how to do works, friends, trust, respect, etc)

The best part about my articleship is the statutory Bank Audits, its so good. Like, I was on road, train and air craft on a BonVoyage for 15days and enjoying and cherishing every moment of it, sleeping, rocking, that cute air hostess asking Where is Mr. Sourav (lol, dil bole hadippa<3). I even think that some official at the air port thought me to be a Atankwadi (due to my look in kurta and long hairs and beard :p),  the royal treatment that you get from Bank peoples is simply awesome. I really miss those sweets  (Katli, don’t get jealous :p) my Sir used to get especially for me and being savior of the day, a few times.

“I am more of an Addle than being a Adroit “-  A phrase told by someone to someone.
Which simply you can understand as – I wanna be more of an amateur than being a diehard professional (surely not like my initial days when I used to be a lackadaisically pathetic at work place)
This is something I believe which keeps me self- motivated and develops an urge to gain knowledge, relations, respect, and the shabsis of peoples around me. Moreover, I cannot let my work rule my life, love your work but don’t make it a burdening love. Never lose your sole identity and be a workaholic machine which makes the inner artist in you sleep in faith that a fairy may come and wake it up inside.

The thing is there will be times when you will feel:
1.       What are you doing? – yefuglyfuglykyahai?? (for vouching and other so called imp. tasks)
2.       You have to do it? – Ilahimeraji… ( due dates ki energy when you have energy and do your work)
3.       Is the boss right? – humbhihai josh me, baateinkarhosh me( starts in your mind, when you are held responsible for task you have not done.)
4.       A normal trait among we students, “I  am not meant to be employed like this, I can be a better employer than him,” ( Well dude, a famous quote says “ to be the best, you gotta beat the best” if you think you can be a good employer , go ahead employ peoples and let us know what happens.)

Do listen to music, party at your work place at leisure hours, (We even bunk office to go to movies and other things). Seemingly tea / coffee, bonding with you also increase in an affectionate way.
The main task of an Auditor is observing/ analyzing the evidence the event happening, things which helps you throughout your life when people start observing each others too (with the office peoples, the chemistry between peoples and stuff)



Dark Room me surajki Roshni mil jaye to kya baat hai,
Chote chote haatho ko kisi ka saath mil jaye to kya baat hai,
Angry mind hone par koi Ice cream khilaye to kya baat hia,
Sleeping mind ko sapne ka sukoon mil jae to kya baat hai,
Human being and being human ka difference sabsamajhjaye to kyabaathai,
CA ko toughest course ka state to mil chukahai, hum aur tough ho jae to kyabaathai,
(Just bear with the lines, :p)

Lastly, Go within and scale the depths of your being from which  your very life Springs forth !!

Adios Folks.

Thanking you for patiently reading and bearing it.

Yours Faithfully,

Sourav Binani